- Head Coach 2017 4A NCHSAA State Champions – Middle Creek High School – 22-0, #1 Ranked Team in NC, #3 in the Southeast Region, 2018 4A NCHSAA Runner-Up. North Carolina Record 43 straight victories.
- 2017 NFHS North Carolina Coach of the Year
- 2008 NC High School Lacrosse Assistant Coach of the Year
- 2010 NC High School Lacrosse Man of the Year
- 2009 Head Coach East Regional State Games Team
- 2006 All-SELC Attackman, NC State University
- 2002 All-State Attackman, Livingston High School
- 15+ Years High School and Youth Coaching Experience
Coach Holota is originally from Livingston, NJ and was a collegiate attackman and president of the NC State University Lacrosse Team . Coach Holota was introduced to lacrosse in middle school and has been hooked ever since. In just a few years, he went from knowing little about the game to setting his high school’s record for most goals scored in a lacrosse season his senior year. Coach Holota’s high school lacrosse accolades also include all-conference and all-state recognition. At NC State, Coach Holota was not only a four year starter but also a team leader, serving as the team captain his junior and senior year. He named to the SELC All-Conference team his senior year, leading the Wolfpack in scoring with 49 points on the year.
Coach Holota has been coaching Wake County public school lacrosse teams for over a decade. He is currently the Head Varsity Lacrosse Coach at Middle Creek High School and has coached travel and recreation teams from K-12th grade. Prior to coaching at Middle Creek High School, he was the Head Assistant Coach at Holly Springs High School from 2008-2015. He also coached at Southeast Raleigh High School as the Head JV coach and then later as the Head Varsity coach between 2003-2007. After graduating from N.C. State, Holota ran the area’s first dedicated lacrosse store, Battle Lacrosse helping to grow the sport and promote lacrosse, while outfitting area kids with the gear needed to be successful on the field.
Coach Holota has a passion for teaching in the classroom and on the field. He has his undergraduate degree from N.C. State in Political Science, and his Masters Degree in Education with certifications in High School and Middle School education.